Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Piece of Serenity Pie: A Green and White Apple Farm Wedding


I just got done prepping for my last event of the year...and a great year it has been!  I'll post photos from that event once I get them.  My schedule has caused me to neglect my poor blog (again!), but I hope you guys have been checking out The Daily Petal's Facebook page for quick updates and sample photos.  The good news is that I have lots of photos and entries I'll be able to share with you starting with this beautiful September wedding at Riley's Apple Farm in Oak Glen.  Nestled at the top of a winding trail, a peacefully beautiful ceremony site awaited my arrival.  With goats baaing in the background, I was totally in my element...I grew up on a farm! 

I am still dreaming about her bouquet.  The trailing Pierres Japonica adds such effortless beauty.  I only wish they were available year round.  I played with textures and tones to give an all white bouquet interest.  We used shepherds hooks and mason jars down the aisle.  The mason jar centerpieces were reused at their reception which was in a [drum roll, please]...barn!  This was truly heaven for me.  All in all, the surroundings played a huge part and I couldn't have asked for a more peaceful day designing in the country.  Next time I'll leave time for apple cider and pie. A Natural and Organic Green and White Farm Wedding

No comments: