Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Modern Lemon Yellow Wedding


Last month, I gave you a sneak preview of a contemporary, lemon yellow wedding I did back in September for a very charming couple, Regina and Rowel. I'm finally getting a chance to post the official photos even though Jordana from Hazelnut Photography was kind enough to immediately send them upon receiving my request.  Click on the link to check out more of her stunning photography and if my communications with her are even a small hint of how it is to work with her, you will be in for a delightful surprise. 

For the ultra-modern church, I designed two pieces to flank the front of the church using manzanita branches, orchid plants, China mums and aquabeads. 



 The Bride's bouquet was made of white cymbidium orchids and miniature calla lilies. 


We used yellow tulips and miniature calla lilies for the bridesmaids' bouquets, but added yellow roses, dark red spray roses and black miniature calla lilies to the maids of honor bouquets.


The reception was kept clean and simple with pave arrangements at different heights.  Each table had a different combination of yellow flowers.


Following this wedding, I was obsessed with designing in bright yellow for a while.  It's such a cheerful, clean and modern color to use.  Also, I didn't want to forget to mention their wonderful wedding coordinator Abby LaDuke who was awesome to work with, as well.  Congratulations, Regina and Rowel! 

1 comment:

Mr. Smith said...

Where did R and R get married? Looks like a place I photographed a wedding once in Westlake Village. Good work as always.