Monday, September 7, 2009

Self-Contained

Side Note: It's been a busy month and I've regretfully neglected this blog, but now I'm back! I've been preparing for some upcoming events including the wedding that I did yesterday and I was away on a 5-day camping trip to Yosemite (photos to be posted soon!).
Usually I am always talking about the floral make-up of an arrangement, but for this post, I am going to get to the bottom of it...literally! I found a couple of random containers and used them with a simple arrangement of red roses to show that containers do make a difference and may be worth the investment.



Can you guess what type of container this was shown up above? It's a wooden utensil holder! The sleek container, unexpected use of the moss and the simplicity of the flowers all contribute to the modern look of this piece.


For an organic feel, go for a chunky wooden bowl that doubles as a salad bowl!

On occasion, if you are going for a very specific theme, using the right flowers may just not be enough. You or your florist may need to carefully hand select some containers to finish off the theme successfully. For instance, if you want a pin-up girl retro feel, find some vintage tins. You might spend a little more on the vase, but perhaps you can scale back slightly on the flowers. There are endless possibilities and, if you are like me, you might have to figure out ways to "contain" yourself. I will definitely be exploring this concept further on future blogs or for your wedding ;)

No comments: